Still Weighting to Exhale 11/5/2009

Well, I purchased a pair of LL Bean pants on line in a Misses size 12 which should be very comfortable even in the large state I am in however I came to find that the button for these fabulous flannel lined winter jeans was about an inch and a half away from button-ville.  I used to wish that I'd lose enough weight to be able to tuck.  Now I pray for the button and hole to meet without enormous air intake. 

I've lost about two pounds and am taking Chantix for stop smoking which is working very well.  So, better me is on the way.  Maybe, someday, my button and hole will meet again and I can revisit my dreams of tucking.  Tucking is for the thin only.  Anyone of any size can tuck, but seriously, does anyone including the obese tucker want to see the endless rolls of excess flesh pressing up against their seem popping top billowing out over the top of their "no doubt" stretch slacks?  Not me!  Personally I cringe at my two inch thick muffin top. 

My biggest smoke free challenge will be the upcoming weekend.  We spend many weekends up in Wisconsin where the fisherman fish, hunters shoot and smokers smoke all over the place.  It's almost impossible to find smoke free indoor entertainment.  This is a state that has just passed a law that prohibits children from consuming alocohol with their parents in bars.   I don't mean 18 year olds.  I mean children.  Sesame Street watching children.  Who I have actually witnessed consuming a Tom Collins with quadruple cherries in it just months ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment